The Department of Tansport (DoT) in Melbourne between March 2021-2022 was seeking Asset Management assessment. The purpose of the DoT Level 2 AMAF Assurance Assessment was to provide an independent assessment and opinion of Standing Direction 4.2.3 compliance of DoT Division annual AMAF self-assessment. Assurance Assessment provided a peer review for DoT to be satisfied with the AMAF compliance and maturity attestation opinion.
How Innova Helped
Innova resources undertook an independent assurance review focused on the asset management systems and processes, evidence and assessment to be satisfied that:
- sampling and testing with the Division asset management representative/s involved in the AMAF self-assessment, to understand how it was prepared, who was involved, and the rationale that was used to form a view on asset management maturity and the related compliance level
- examination of self-assessment results and supporting evidence to be satisfied that the:
- Division AMAF Resource Centre (self-assessment) has been completed.
- rationale supporting the Division AMAF compliance/maturity assessment is resilient and defensible.
- evidence is adequate and sufficient to support the Divisions asset management compliance and/or maturity assessment against the assessment criteria.
- Preparation of a detailed report
A systematic approach was required to be implemented for the review of Division AMAF self-assessment given the complexity and number of assets DoT is responsible for including Planning, Discovery and workshops (consultative and collaborative) Reporting and Findings.
Outcomes of the project have included: